A few funky facts:
- Kim Norman’s parents restored a Victorian home in which her father left one deliberate flaw: a hole in the corner of the first floor ceiling so her dad’s pet raccoon could dangle its upper body from the hole and wave at you. Really.
- She took up tap dancing at age 44… and found that she wasn’t half bad at it! She used to sing in a Big Band. For pay, even. But she’d rather sing Broadway songs for free.
Okay, now, if we must… the blah-blah stuff:
- Kim has been visiting schools for more than a decade. She has traveled to more than a hundred schools in 15 states, spreading the “gospel” of bedtime reading. Kim maintains the website Author School Visits by State, a popular resource among educators in the U.S. seeking to hire authors and illustrators to visit their schools.
- Kim Norman is the author of more than a dozen children’s books published by Sterling, Scholastic and two Penguin imprints. Ten On The Sled, (Sterling, illustrated by Liza Woodruff) spent weeks on Barnes and Noble’s Top Ten bestseller list and has been released in Korean and German editions as well as appearing in Scholastic Book Fairs in schools around North America.
- Among her books is I Know a Wee Piggy (2012, Dial Books for Young Readers, illustrated by Henry Cole), which was reviewed in the New York Times, and is listed on the Texas “2×2 Reading List,” as well being offered on the lineup of books carried by Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Kim is represented by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency in San Diego.
- Kim and her husband have two grown sons and one snuggle-puggle named Bookie. The Normans live in Virginia, in a little house shaded by giant pecan trees.
Interested in hiring Kim Norman for a visit to your OWN school? Visit her website at www.kimnormanbooks.com.